- Swimmers parents / guardians will be contacted by e mail no later than 14 days before a Gala is due to take place advising them that they have been selected to swim The e mail will advise the date and time of the gala and travel arrangements. Parents should respond promptly to the e mail advising whether their child is able to attend the gala or not.
- Should you not be able to attend on the day you MUST let us know ASAP by contacting Graham on his mobile – 07711 859256
- All swimmers must be poolside at least 5 minutes BEFORE the Warm-Up starts. Swimmers should go and stand with the Team Managers who will be wearing Club T-Shirts
- All swimmers must bring with them the following:
Bridgefield Swimming Cap (Yellow)
Cool T Shirt (to wear Poolside) orders taken at front desk
Towels (one for poolside and one for changing)
Drink and a light snack
- Swimmers ideally should have spare goggles/costume/cap in their bag – just in case!
- Swimmers should follow any instructions given by Team Managers and MUST always ask before leaving poolside at any point during the gala.
- During the Warm-Up swimmers should swim a few lengths at a steady pace. When a swimmer feels they have done enough they should leave the pool, get dried, put their T-Shirt on and get ready to enjoy the Gala. Sometimes there may be an opportunity to practice dives during the Warm-Up but this is not always possible.
- REMEMBER- as swimmers you are representing our club and should behave accordingly on poolside/in changing rooms/on coach.
- At all Galas, spectators are charged a nominal amount to enter the Spectator Gallery – usually £2/£3 approx.
- For local Galas, parents have responsibility for getting their child to the Gala. For Galas further afield, a coach will be provided. Parents are welcome to travel on the coach with their child.
- For Safe Guarding reasons, parents are not allowed poolside.
- Photography/video at the pool is not allowed for safeguarding reasons.